Philadelphia, PA 19107
The Pharmacy department of an elite health care system in Philadelphia is looking for Full-time permanent Specialty Pharmacy Representative. These individuals will perform various technical and support duties under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Drug Acquisition Representatives assist patients, physicians and pharmacists in the completion of: benefit investigations, prior authorizations, financial assistance applications, refill/adherence activities, and other programs that drive optimal outcomes for Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy patients. Responsibilities include entering the patient information (name, date of birth, insurance information, allergies and medication history) into our therapy-specific patient assessment software. Initiating, completing and following up on the status of Prior Authorizations or appeals submitted to insurance carriers in order to support physician offices. Under the direction of a patient care pharmacist, assist with the filling and distribution of prescriptions, in accordance with the law.
- Receives inbound and outbound calls to patients or physician offices regarding orders or prescription refill information for high dollar/specialty medications (e.g. Oncology, Hepatitis) (under appropriate supervision of pharmacist), pharmacy services, and all other inquiries.
- Documents all communications, interactions and other information in the patient's medical record to ensure that all members of the care team are kept up to date; flags issues that need to be addressed.
- Responsible for monthly follow-up calls to patients to discuss medication on hand, identify any barriers to patient adherence and facilitate discussions with the clinical staff to help the patient overcome barriers.
- Explain insurance coverage to patients as it relates to their co-payment responsibility and financial resources available to them.
- Contributes to departmental Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities. Expected participation no less than 2% of time - increased participation based on need/project.
- 3+ years experience in customer service role.
- 1+ years experience in a specialty pharmacy, hospital, health insurance company, benefits department or other related healthcare environment.
- Monday- Friday
- 8 Hour day shifts
For more information on this and our other Pharmacist opportunities, please contact Alyssa Depte at 215-867-0955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.