Assistant Director of Nursing – Pediatrics
GHR Search is seeking a qualified Interim Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) for a reputable pediatric facility in Philadelphia that provides long term, short term, and transitional care for medically fragile infants, children, and young adults. Experience with vents, trachs, and medically fragile children is required.
This is a 13 week contract to start with potential for contract extension.
- Weekly Pay
- $68-$75/hr, based on experience ($2700-$3100/wk)
- Overtime Eligible after 40 hours/week
- W2 Employment
- Medical Benefits available on contract – Medical, Dental Vision
- 401k available on contract
- Contract Extension or full time employment likely upon completion of contract
The Assistant Director of Nursing will serve as the facility educator, quality assurance lead and clinical leader. The Assistant Director of Nursing will organize, develop, coordinate and direct the clinical education. The Assistant Director of Nursing will also support the Director of Nursing (DON) in the oversight of the day-to-day clinical care and the quality assurance program.
Assistant Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of Nursing will be the liaison between the Director Of Nursing and Nursing Supervisor and at any time may be required to take on the role of either position.
- Provide support to the Director of Nursing (DON) with planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities.
- Assist in maintaining, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Verify that staff are following individual plans of care and ISP’s for each resident
- Complete risk assessments and investigate any unusual occurrences or clinical incidents
- Prepare schedules for the facility
- Work in collaboration with HR in the recruitment of new staff
- Monitor new employee (s) education throughout their 90 day evaluation period
- Address any complaints made by family members or members of the care team
- Responsible for notification to DHS if child abuse suspected in accordance with Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) policies when Director of Nursing not available
- Must possess valid RN State of PA License.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience within a pediatric setting, with vents, trachs, and medically complex patients.
- Must have experience in supervision and principles, practice of teaching, etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.